Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rootkit Infection?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 smitty5940

smitty5940

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

Hi I recently picked up a few viruses and have removed them with Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware. However, I can still only use my system in safe mode or it locks up. I had McAfee and it looks like it didn't work. I deleted it and tried to install AVG but got the messages that (webexternal.cn and channelnetwork) are running and AVG won't install. Ended up putting AVAST on my system. Through some reserch I found that it may be a rootkit problem and require hijackThis. Iam going on day number 3 on this thing. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great holiday. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users