Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacement MB

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

I have a system I built that I need to replace the MB.

Current MB is a Asus p5n e sli nf650i 775 that is discontinued. I'm running :
windows xp pro,
intel c2d e6600 2.4g 775 4m r cpu
2 g ram ocz dii800
hd 500g
en7900gs 2dht/256m rt asus vga

Any ideas would be appreciated.

John

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

The good news is, since the motherboard is discontinued and broken, you may not be violating the license for Windows by reinstalling and you can probably find a compatible motherboard since it is LGA775. If you use SLI, then you need to stick with an Nvidia chipset, like the one found in ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i. If you don't and simply want an inexpensive motherboard, the Intel BOXDP43TF LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard is an excellent choice.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users