Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gbull

gbull

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:43 PM

I have attempted to load Adobe Acrobat onto both my PC and Laptop. The PC load went smoothly but the laptop load was unsuccessful and so I decided to remove it and try again. During this process the failed load did not remove and the re-load could not be achieved.

I am using XP Pro.

I now get an irritating pop-up window each time I switch on the laptop and especially when I start to use Internet Explorer. The window states that Installer is loading and then it changes to a failure and asks me to contact the provider of the appllication.

I have tried several MS trouble shooting suggestions but to no avail. Tried removal in Safe Mode but again the Acrobat program is there and so is the pop-up.

Any sugesstions?

GB
+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:24 AM

I am assuming you are trying to use Adobe Download Manager to install Adobe Reader 9.

So I am wondering what is different between the laptop and PC?

Windows Installer?

Go to Start/Run, type cmd. When the command the prompt opens type msiexec.exe. This will give you the version #.
3.1 V2 is 3.1.4000.2435
4.5 is 4.5.6001.22159

Troubleshoot Adobe Reader Download and Installation Problems (9.0 on Windows)

The Adobe page has a broken link to;
Then remove the downloaded version of Adobe Reader from your system and download it again from the Adobe Reader 9 download site at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html, and then attempt to reinstall.

Edited by ratchet48, 24 December 2009 - 08:32 AM.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

Read this link see if it applies!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!