Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Driver Gone.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AzzBr0

AzzBr0

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

I'm running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. I had default sound driver not sure what it was. I just got a brand new pair of Logitech speakers when I plugged them in and played some music through itunes my computer froze, I reset it to find that I had no sound driver installed so I went to my motherboard website downloaded latest realtek HD driver and it gets 90% of installation and I get this error: [Error Code: 0x000005B4]. So I went to realtek website and got their recommended driver and the same thing happens.

Any way here is my motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6

Link: http://www.gigabyte.com.au/Support/M...ProductID=2831

And here is the realtek link: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

I have done a full virus scan and have an updated version of Kaspersky anti-virus and found nothing.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Edited by AzzBr0, 23 December 2009 - 10:12 PM.

Remember:

Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

Try installing driver in Safe Mode.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

How do you know that your audio driver was gone? Did you get an error message, or did you look in the device manager? If the sound card is visible in the Device Manager, you can right click on the device, then go to drivers, and select update driver. Let it access the Internet to update the driver.

Did you make sure to download the 64 bit drivers?

#4 AzzBr0

AzzBr0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, It's a 64bit driver I installed it in safe mode and worked fine thanks allot.
Remember:

Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users