Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

helpassistant malware and recovery console not working from combofix

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 karliecole

karliecole

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

Found I had 3 different helpassistant files in documents and settings after computer started freezing after about 10 minutes. The internet was also going to different pages than the one I linked on even from google search. I worked through instructions here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=202027 until it came to the recovery console which downloaded and seemed to install ok, but when I start computer and select the recovery console it gives me a disk error message and allows only control/alt/delete. I did run combofix per the other instructions so do have log files and can provide if helpful. Computer seems to be working pretty well right now and internet is behaving itself regarding links but I want to be certain this thing is gone! Since I have not been able to do the fixmbr command I am concerned that it is still there. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I depend on this computer for my work which is now two days behind schedule from this crazy thing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users