Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't click "next" on system restore application

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lenymo

Lenymo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

I got a nasty trojan with the same graphics as the windows security center called "Malware Defense"

It mimics a scan of your system, tells files in your system which are corrupted (which are actually legitimate windows files), and asks you to put in your credit card info to register and remove.

its actually a pretty impressive virus... took me a day to 100% confirm it was a trojan lol. anyone ever heard of this?

Regardless, i'm trying to do a system restore (obviously) and i can get past the date selection, but then when i click next at the following screen, nothing happens. the button is clickable, but no action happens once it is clicked.

any help here would be great :thumbsup:

EDIT - still can't click next in safe mode.

Edited by Lenymo, 23 December 2009 - 08:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users