Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UPS Shipment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 zuXi

zuXi

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

For the past few days ive been wondering why my
package from Newegg, in the US has been getting
updated daily, while the 1 package from canada
hasnt been updated once.

3 packages total, 2 US, 1 CAN.

CONCORD, ON, CA 19/12/2009 4:37 DEPARTURE SCAN
CONCORD, ON, CA 18/12/2009 20:07 ARRIVAL SCAN

The only update ive gotten since then has been this.

CONCORD, ON, CA 23/12/2009 9:00 ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS

Im curious why i even got that.. Shouldnt this have
been well out of the city in the past several days ?
Aside from that, apparently weather is nice in Concord.

I could have driven to Concord and driven home by now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

I had important package delayed for adverse weather 4 four days, The location they listed it being stuck at had gotten 1 inch of snow. :thumbsup: I think that is a company code for miss shipped or lost in transit.

#3 zuXi

zuXi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:49 AM

My thoughts exactly.
Im rather pissed about this. If i had known Newegg wasnt
going to send Win7 with the other packages, i would have
went to the store and bought it..

Either way, the package of the parts are suppose to be here
on the 30th, so hopefully the OS is here by then.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:52 AM

probably. look on the bright side I ordered 2 computers (or rather parts for 2 computers) from newegg. all on the same day all 3 day UPS select all with rush processing. I was expecting 6 boxes on friday or saturday. I came home saturday night to find out that UPS had left 6 boxes on my porch. first I was downright mad that they had left nearly $2000 worth of computer equipment on my front porch for who knows how long, that anyone could have walked off with instead of just coming back monday or putting a tag on the door saying you can pick it up here at this time, like they did in the last town I lived in. Now being this mad, I was even more irrate, when one of those six boxes wasnt even mine, it belonged to someone who lived like 3 blocks away, not even on the same street, names different street number, everything. I was really irrate then, I ended up delivering the package for them, and the last box I ordered finally showed up monday. So, be thankful all theyre doing to do is being slow tracking your product.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 zuXi

zuXi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:56 AM

This is my second time ordering online, so i was just
curious about something that seemed odd. As the other
packages seem to be going fine. That i know of.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

well I hope so, not all UPS is like mine. in the last town I lived in the UPS was actually pretty good. Im sure they havent lost it if its showing up at all on your tracking thing. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:19 AM

Just so you know. When you receive the first "package has been shipped" and tracking number, it Hasn't even left the Newegg facility yet
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 zuXi

zuXi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

Just so you know. When you receive the first "package has been shipped" and tracking number, it Hasn't even left the Newegg facility yet

MISSISSAUGA, ON, CA 18/12/2009 19:25 DEPARTURE SCAN

That is where it left first, then to Concord.
My other packages will soon be within 9hrs of my town.
All the way from LA. While the canadian package is still
in the weather condition.

#9 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

probably. look on the bright side I ordered 2 computers (or rather parts for 2 computers) from newegg. all on the same day all 3 day UPS select all with rush processing. I was expecting 6 boxes on friday or saturday. I came home saturday night to find out that UPS had left 6 boxes on my porch. first I was downright mad that they had left nearly $2000 worth of computer equipment on my front porch for who knows how long, that anyone could have walked off with instead of just coming back monday or putting a tag on the door saying you can pick it up here at this time, like they did in the last town I lived in. Now being this mad, I was even more irrate, when one of those six boxes wasnt even mine, it belonged to someone who lived like 3 blocks away, not even on the same street, names different street number, everything. I was really irrate then, I ended up delivering the package for them, and the last box I ordered finally showed up monday. So, be thankful all theyre doing to do is being slow tracking your product.

I'm also mad at UPS. I applied for a drivers helper job. Its a seasonal job from Oct to Dec 31. I only heard about it on the news in early Dec. I got "hired" and sat through their 5 hour seminar on how to lift a box. I was told I would begin work the next day. They never called the next day (friday) nor all of the next week (last week). They called 3 days this week but I was doing another temp job. It is impossible to call the person I'm supposed to call. The machine always answers. No excuse and nothing angers me more than constantly getting a machine. They want me to return the uniform at the end of the year.

I am NOT wasting my gas to go down to bring them their uniform I never wore. I'm gonna tell them to send one of their goons over to my house to pick it up because I'm not wasting my gas just deliver their uniform back.

#10 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

Hello
I have had a small business now for over 20 years. We have had a UPS daily pick up for just about as long. Overall I have had good experiences with them. Donít have any lost packages to report. There have been occasional delays but that had more to do with vendor mislabeling then with UPS.
They do try to regulate the drivers down to microscopic detail. From which foot they step down with , speed of walk to door and back, etc. On the other hand the drivers are union, Teamsters I believe, and have very good benefits and pay.
We have had the same UPS driver for many years. He has always been willing to wait a few extra minutes if needed.
My impression overall is that this is a quality company that gets the vast majority of the packages they handle to the correct destination in the time frame they specify.
Best Regards
Nawtheasta

#11 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 02:24 AM

a lot of it depends on the area. When I lived in nebraska, the UPS there was exceptional, on time, professional, never lost anything, didn't leave 2000 dollars worth of computer parts on our front porch if no one was home. Its just my local UPS that seems to be rather lousy. then again, they are better then our local postal service, but that isn't saying much.

picard5.jpg

#12 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:16 AM

My experiences with UPS are the same as Nawtheasta has had. They kept the business I use to run going strong. I shipped several hundred pounds out a week for many years and my drivers were always more than willing to go the extra mile. They would do whatever I needed them to. If I needed a late or early pickup, that is what I got, all I had to do was call their cell and they came pretty much anytime I wanted them to. The drivers I had were absolutely awesome and I don't think I ever had a shipment arrive late.

Edited by Stang777, 26 December 2009 - 05:23 AM.

#13 zuXi

zuXi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:49 AM

They sent me a reply to a message i wrote,
as soon as i got the message the status was
updated to this

EDMONTON, AB, CA 24/12/2009 13:50 ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS

I know for a fact edmonton has been nice the
past 2 week since the big storm. Freezing but
nice none the less.

Would this be a way to keep me temporary happy ?
Also, do ups work on boxing day ?

#14 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

I see this is your first build and I know you're over-anxious.
I would like to add these words of caution
Take your time
Read the entire motherboard manual, twice
Read the instructions for all parts
Take you time. Check and recheck all of your connections
You've waited this long, you don't want to make a mistake and have to send anything back
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#15 zuXi

zuXi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

I see this is your first build and I know you're over-anxious.
I would like to add these words of caution
Take your time
Read the entire motherboard manual, twice
Read the instructions for all parts
Take you time. Check and recheck all of your connections
You've waited this long, you don't want to make a mistake and have to send anything back

Waaay over-anxious. Due to be here by the 30th.
The parts anyways, i dont know where Win7 is in Canada.

I found tutorials on here that im going to keep and knowing
me i will be on here nagging you guys with piles of questions.
Although reading isnt my strong point, so ill get the woman to
read it over too.

Know of any common mistakes new people make, or anyone
in general make ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users