Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

js.luckysploit.q and/or other issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sella35

sella35

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

My personal computer got a message from F-Secure (which I was using at that time) saying that malicious code found in file C:\Users\...temp... Infection- Js.luckysploit.q- Action taken- The file was deleted. I was actually reading a forum board at the time of the pop-up.

Then a little later while I was on the same forum site, I got another pop-up. I THOUGHT the pop-up was from windows defender or my computer saying that it found more viruses and needed to do a scan, which I allowed it. That's when I realized it was from something else, not windows and not f-secure. It looked as though the scan actually was doing an install. But I do not know??:thumbsup:

Now the real problems began after this. My F-Secure started saying it had to update but after i did, i couldn't log online at all. It completely blocked my ability to connect to the internet. I ended up having to remove the F-Secure. Even the tech support couldn't help find out why I couldn't connect. F-Secure was provided by my isp.

I then downloaded and ran Avast but it took about 15-18 hours to do a scan, malwarebytes will take 12-13 hours to scan. Maybe this is normal, I do not know. I can't recall any scans taking that long. Maybe I am a little paranoid since this is my personal computer. I then chose to replace Avast and Mbam with SS&D, AVG 9.0, and ZA.

It seems scans are taking abnormally long and also it seems like the new programs I downloaded aren't really working. I can never get them to show on the bar by my clock. I also rec'd a couple messages saying my back-up has failed.

Computer- is running Vista Home (32-bit) it is a quad-core AMD processor w/ 3G ram about 600G HD.

BTW, my computer was running fine before I went out of town for about a week. I found out my 14 year old nephew was coming to my house and playing games that he had downloaded on my computer. I am thinking one of the games or gaming sites he visited was infected with something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users