Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bllx13

bllx13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

Ok I have been having this problem since this morning. I recently installed iolo System Mechanic on my computer and did the clean up, idk if that has anything to do with this but just thought id put that out there. Ever since this morning I havent been able to log into my computer. Ill turn the computer on it goes thru the loading screen and everything then it gets to the Log In....i enter my password and it says loading settings and then it either A) Restarts the computer B ) Tells me I need to activate Windows C) Gives me an error message saying something about WinLogin D) I get to the desktop background and then it says need to activate software and then it restarts.

Any idea on whats going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

Sounds to me as System Mechanic either damaged or removed something vital.

A repair install of XP would be my suggestion, since I have no clue what file(s) may be involved.

Louis

#3 nsikis

nsikis

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

This one of the most common problems encountered by computer users. Don't worry about that at all.
Reinstall the operating system cause some of the important files may be lost or damage.
Get the installation CD of the operating system you want to use and run it on your computer either using reinstall a fresh copy of the OPS or repair the damaged OPS. if you had important files on the system i suggest you should try repairing the operating system first by using installation CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users