Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery Console no work with dual boot.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RangerGord

RangerGord

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

I added a Recovery Console to my XP Pro system using the tutorial in BleepingComputer and it was
GREAT.
I decided to add a dual boot with Windows 7 (I know, I know) and now the main Console does come
up but when I hit the Recovery Console line I get this:

"Windows could not start because of computer disk hardware configuration problem.
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information."

Is there a way to SAFELY restore the Recovery Console.
I certainly do NOT want to risk losing either system.

Note: I used the Windows 7 built-in Boot manager and it is the first screen to pop up followed by the Recovery Console screen.

Thanks
RangerGord

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

If the above fails, see the bootrec.exe options here: