Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EVERY URL redirects!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ocea

Ocea

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:28 AM

Since yesterday (December 22, 2009), every website I try to go and every url I type in redirects to www.vtr.com! It's in Spanish, and seems to be a shopping site. Some research tells me that the site has "high security standards, very trustable". That's the only thing it does; it doesn't let me go to any website other than vtr.com.
I have Windows XP, and Internet Explorer.
In safe mode, I have run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, with nothing detected. I have run avast! Antivirus, also with nothing detected. I have run Spybot-Search & Destroy, and it detected six infected files, but the removal of these files did not help with the vtr.com problem. I have also run CWShredder, with nothing detected. I ran SuperAntiSpyware, with browser tracking cookies discovered. I deleted them to no avail.
I'm completely new, no experience at all with this kind of thing. I have no idea what this is!
Please help me!

Edited by Ocea, 23 December 2009 - 11:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:04 PM

This is going to sound like an extremely dumb question, but is it possible that your home page got changed to vtr.com?

whoops misread it =/

Edited by xblindx, 23 December 2009 - 06:07 PM.

#3 pdtnelson

pdtnelson

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

Hi! Is it possible to run MBAM in normal mode?

Also, could you post the log from the spybot! scan? Then one last question: As you are getting redirected from every URL, what anti-malware tools do you currently have available for use? If you can't download anything that we suggest, we'll need to know what you have for us to work with.

Thanks!

#4 Ocea

Ocea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

I'm so sorry for wasting your time! It turned out to be a proxy problem, though I had no idea of that. I changed mine to the previous proxy, and now it's working fine!
Thanks for all your help!

#5 pdtnelson

pdtnelson

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:17 PM

Awesome! I'm glad it was a little thing like that rather that something really nasty! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users