Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I BE BRAND NEW

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 c3em

c3em

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:50 PM

Hello there,

I was in another forum when someone posted a link that brought me here to the tutorial section. I gotta say, I was very impressed on the amount of time spent on Spybot S&D and HijackThis. So far, compared to other tutorials on these subjects, your tutorials are the best I've seen. I understand even better now how to read my HT log and what to look for. The only problem I had was in successfully getting to the BHO list. The link was not working.

http://www.sysinfo.org/bholist.php

The above is the one I use, however, this link is also not working.

I get this error message: CGI-limits reached, please try again later!

Don't know if this is the same link as you use but if anyone knows of another link, I surely would appreciate it.

In the meantime, I'm glad I joined!

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:50 PM

The link is correct. Unfortunately sysinfo has limitations on the amount of people who can simulataneously view the information there. If you keep hitting refresh, you will eventually be able to see the information

#3 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2004 - 10:46 PM

Welcome to the boards. May you find your stay to be comfortable, entertaining, and informative. :thumbsup:
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 06 May 2004 - 10:57 PM

Hello c3em and welcome. Hope you continue to enjoy your stay.

Sysinfo.org is the best & most convenient way to check BHO's. But as Plimsol has mentioned, the site has had problems in the last month--both from high traffic & an intense DDoS attack that has plagued any domain connected to SpywareInfo and sites that help fight spyware in general that has been going on for quite a while now. The best alternative is to download the list as an executable, searchable program. At the moment there appears to be a problem doing that as well, but you can keep trying by clicking this link.

The list can also be accessed at Compter Cops--but it is under atack as well & can not always be found.

There is another list here. You'll have to use Internet Explorer for it to render properly. Other drawbacks are that you can't search for the CLSID numbers--try the file name instead. And the list is broken up into sections & only searchable by using the Find on this Page in IE.

Happy Hunting.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#5 magicmunchkin

magicmunchkin

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:49 PM

Hi c3em,
Welcome to the board,hope your stay is a good one and you come back often :thumbsup:
Magic
Have a Great Day!!!

#6 c3em

c3em
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:41 PM

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Papakid, thanks for generation.net's list of BHOs; I already have that one and yeah, one can't search properly on it. I also have the BHO executable prog (Tony Klein's collection?) on my desktop but I can't ever seem to get an update from SWI. But, as I understand Mike Healan and others are working on it. I am not clear as to how to properly use the BHO executable prog and am wondering if there is another way to upload a current list; any thoughts?

Plimsol, thanks for the info on the "refresh" tactic; I did not know this.

:thumbsup:

#7 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:14 PM

FYI a keyboard shortcut for refresh is F5.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:21 PM

:thumbsup:c3em,
Welcome to BC. I hope you enjoy it here. The more the merrier :flowers: and come back often. :trumpet:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users