Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dinput8.dll errors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Geezer Gamer

Geezer Gamer

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:50 AM

I have a new build that I have had a nagging problem with that I can't pin down. Occassionally I get the error attached...."Faulting application.....version 2.1.0 faulting module dinput8.dll"

My understanding is this module is related to HID devices ( joysticks, controllers) and is part of direct x. This is a brand new build so my version of direct x is current, and my device drivers for all the components are current ( I have a lot, flight simmer, joystick, trak IR, saitek quad, foot pedals etc). Typically this error does not occur while 3d gaming is going on, almost always at 2d menus or configuration software for the actual HID devices. I've run DXDIAG with no obvious problems

It doesn't seem to be isolated to single controller, have had the error name both gaming applications and controller software as the application that has been interupted

Any suggestions or other forums I should try? I am posting at EVGA as well.

Processor - Intel Core i7-920, Cooler - Zalman CNPS 99900, MB - EVGA X58 3X SLI, RAM - 3GB RAM Corsair DDR3 1600 Dominator, GFX Card - 896MB DDR3 EVGA GTX 260 Core 216, Soundcard X-Fi Titanium, HD - WD Velociraptor 300 gig, PSU - Corsair TX750W, Case-CM Storm Snyper, OS XP SP2

Attached Files

• Attached File  E1.jpg   55.36KB   8 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

What application is named?

Nice to have the info you posted but the named application would make it more coherent, IMO.

Any file can be named anything at any time, that's not much to go on.

Louis

#3 Geezer Gamer

Geezer Gamer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

Sorry for the vagueness.

The previous screenshot shows BOB.exe. This is Battle of Brittain II a ww2 flight sim. I have had other applications get the same message like TrackIR which is software for tracking head movement. I

actually just replaced my joystick which was pretty old ( thinking that was the problem ) with a brand new Saietek Joystick and got the same type of erro while finalizing the installation of the driver for the Saitek JoystickAttached File  E3.jpg   61.74KB   13 downloads

I attached a screenshot of this most recent version. the "setup.exe" is the driver software installation program for the Saietek joystick

Attached Files

• Attached File  E3.jpg   61.74KB   7 downloads

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrorm...ssing-error.htm

I have XP, SP3 installed and I have 9.0.c as my DirectX version, with no updates to another version available.

To see what version you have installed...Start/Run...type dxdiag and hit Enter.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users