Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by Rogue look-a-like

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 svanderkruijk

svanderkruijk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you, but I need external help to get my laptop fixed.

As in shown in various uninstall guides, my laptop has been infected, while a screen was popping up, showing that my laptop was infected. This happened since I downloaded software to view videos recently. It was showing a security center screen. Unfortunately I have not seen yet any of the screens on the uninstally guides, but again there was a lot of similarity.

Obviously I clicked the update button and the virus installed. What happens now is when I'm starting my computer up and signing in as the administrator, it is automatically signing me out. As a matter of fact, the windows log out tune is to hear before the log in tune.

Therefore I cannot run all the antivirus programmes advised as malwarebyte etc.

Im using Mcafee and superantispyware. Windows XP

Could someone help me please? Further I would like to apologise up-front for my lack of ICT skills, hence please show some patience. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 svanderkruijk

svanderkruijk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

In addition, when using the Repair option with my XP cd the password is accepted in the MS dos mode. I have already tried to copy system32/userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe Unfortunately it didnt work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users