Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by Richtx64.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mag1z

mag1z

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

Okay heres what i got so far...
I removed richtx64.exe and another process (w something something) from my temp...

Hoped that would help and rebooted my pc ... When windows started up again I was cut off the internet :S

Looked through some other posts regarding this virus and havent found the answer yet.. I use wireless internet btw...

Someone said something about some .sys and .dll in the system32/drivers but i cant find them anywhere.. those were supposed to block the internet connection

Already ran malwarebytes + AVG in safty mode..

Malwarebytes only found some random spywares and AVG didn't find anything..

Since I can't connect to the internet I cant reinstall AVG (seems like the virus deleted parts of avg), install AVAST or install Prevx..

Please help me out here.. I'm kinda stuck at this point...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mag1z

mag1z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

UPDATE:

Im not sure if the virus is gone but some of the effects/symptons r still showing.. eg avg user interface is cleaned.. nothing shows where resistentshield antivirus etc were before..

and i still cant connect to the internet.. i use wireless.. its like the card is installed incorrectly.. (It can actually detect the card but unable to find any networks)

#3 mag1z

mag1z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

UPDATE:

Tried to use ATF and SAS .. SAS wouldnt install at all... just gives me an error about the program doesnt respond etc etc...

ran hijackthis + rootrepeal .

I need some1 to overlook those logs and guide me any further..

Im not a hawk at this but found some files that definitly shouldnt be there...

Anyone who might have the time to help me ?

#4 mag1z

mag1z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

UPDATE;

havent found someone to help me yet but looked through and found something in my system32/drivers that might cause the problems.. (saw another dude with the same files in the directory and he got them removed by creating a new document and renaming it to the exact same name and just replacing them.. it wont allow me to do so though so need help to remove these)...

like the other guy the files r called something like H8SRT*****.sys / dll .. something very similar to that.. and i found around 4-5 of these.. need someone to help me with this please :S

Edited by mag1z, 24 December 2009 - 09:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users