Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry fixes - what do you recommend ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pburrier

pburrier

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

Hello my mentors...

Once again I find myself in a quandry with my windows 98se system PIII, 733 mhz

I periodically (more often than not) get the following error:

DDHELP ERROR:

DDHELP caused an invalid page fault in
module NVDD32.DLL at 016f:b00b713f.
Registers:
EAX=e3967000 CS=016f EIP=b00b713f EFLGS=00210282
EBX=81b9cf08 SS=0177 ESP=00d8fc70 EBP=00d8fe38
ECX=b00b0000 DS=0177 ESI=e3995040 FS=6c7f
EDX=c00309cc ES=0177 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 4e 10 49 89 4e 10 0f 85 9f 00 00 00 85 f6 0f
Stack dump:
b00b0000 bff7ddd6 b00b0000 00000000 00000001 00000000 b00b0000 81b9cf08 81b9ac40 81b76edc 000081cc e33d8170 00050000 00033da4 00033da4 03db8cc2

along with another error i receive referencing run32dll... but i have misplaced my copy of the error. My apologies for not having it to supply to you now.

Basically, my registry appears to be pretty screwed up but I am not familiar with what or how i should go about this and hope you had some advice.

I looked under resources on Bleeping... and did a search but really didn't seem to find the answer I was looking for... thus my need to post.

I appreciate you all always and look forward to hearing from you.

Patty Burrier

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:59 AM

NVDD32.DLL relates to your nvidia drivers, have you updated them recently? My advice is uninstall and either re-install the original drivers that came with your card or download the latest from your card manufacturer or take the latest from nvidia.

Boot into dos and type the following scanreg /fix then scanreg /opt this may correct any problems you have in the registry.

As part of good maintenance for your PC I'd also update and run the following:

Spybot and Adaware plus do a full virus scan of your PC.

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:23 AM

I agree with stidyup about the original drivers. Many times with an older system and OS the latest and greatest driver will cause problems.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 pburrier

pburrier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:06 AM

thank you both. I did update the drive for the nvidia card and got that in place but unfortunately i am still having many lock ups often.

i have run AVG 7.0, Symantec Security scan, Panda, & Trend Micro -
Spysweeper, spyblaster, spybot, spyguard, a2 squared and adaware... each found a little something but when i went to PC Tools site... (found it on Major Geeks) and ran PCTools.com a registry cleaner, checker, restorer etc.. program, well it said i had 683 listings that were amongst the categories on they check.

i was gonna try to subscripe to the program this weekend to get thsi stuff fixed. i see that cnet highly recomments this program and a few other as well but i have never seen this program addresssed on bleeping except in advertisement.

please advise if you have any experience with this. i am kinda stuck and could really use your assistance.

thanks, Patty Burrier

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:02 AM

DDHelp is a Direct Draw file so lets check that out. Go to Start and click Run. Type in dxdiag and click Ok. At the bottom of the first tab on the box that comes up it will show your version. Let us know what that is. Run through all the tabs and do all the tests and look at the bottom of each tab for any errors reported. If you get any let us know what they are.

So we need to know your version and any errors reported.

along with another error i receive referencing run32dll

If you see that one again let us know the exact wording of that too.

Edited by Leurgy, 18 August 2005 - 10:03 AM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 pburrier

pburrier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:00 AM

Okay, I was finally able to get to run the dxdiag the version is:
DxDiag 4.09.0000.0904 32 bit

I checked each tab and each showed no problems.

I dont' believe I have received any errors today of the dll sort but will certainly keep you apprised.

I think that is all you requested from me.

Please know I am grateful for all your help, unfortunately I am one of the numerous Americans that is broke as hell too. I have vowed in the past to make a decent donation to Bleeping if my head is ever above water.

Until then... please know that I feel very blessed to have found you all.

Hope you day is great. Patty Burrier

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:50 AM

Try this. Go back to dxdiag and under the Display tab look for Direct Draw Acceleration and click disable. Then go to Windows updates and see if you can get any. After that is done re-enable Direct Draw Acceleration.

Okay, I was finally able to get to run the dxdiag the version is:
DxDiag 4.09.0000.0904 32 bit

Does it not say DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904 32 bit)?

#8 pburrier

pburrier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:20 AM

YES IF THAT IS WHAT DXDIAG BLAH BLAH BLAH MEANS THEN I SUPPOSE IT DOES.

DOES THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING MY SITUATION AND AM I FINISHED OR IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD DO.

I DO APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WITH ME ON SOME OF MY QUESTIONS... BUT I AM KEEPING COPIUS NOTES FROM YOU ALL'S RESPONSES.

I TRY NOT HAVE YOU DO DOUBLE WORK, I JUST NEED THE GUIDENCE TO KNOW WHEN YOU THINK THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

I MOST HEARTILY THANK YOU.

PATTY

#9 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2005 - 11:20 AM

I f your eeror is gone then you need not do anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users