Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan horse Generic16.BVN!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mohji

Mohji

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hi

I'm running Windows XP, along with AVG Free. Earlier today I've started getting all sorts of virus and error messages from both AVG and Windows every 3 minutes or so. It starts with a Security Center Alert that says something like this:

To help protect your computer, Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.

Name: Virus.Win32.Gpcode.ak (this changes EACH time)
Risk: High Risk
Description: This malicious program encrypts files on the victim machine. It is a Windows PE EXE file, 8030, bytes in size.

The "Keep Blocking" and "Unblock" options are grayed out, leaving "Enable Protection" as the only possible option. As soon as I click it, Windows Security Center opens with the following message:

No antivirus software found on your computer or they are out of date.

Antivirus software helps you to protect your computer from harmful attacks via Internet and protects from hijacking and spywares, saves your Internet traffic and optimizes your PC. Resent research shows more than 50% of computers are virus infected.

If you are already connected to the Internet, install antivirus software ASAP

This doesn't seem authentic at all, especially since "recent" is spelled "resent".

At the exact same time, AVG Resident Shield opens up with a "Threat Detected!" alert:

Threat detected!
File name: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Setting\Temp\Installer.exe

Threat name: Trojan horse Generic16.BVN
Detected on open

Possible options are "Heal", "Move to Vault" or "Ignore". Regardless of which I click the cycle just restarts within 2-3 minutes! Can someone please help me??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users