Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sdra64.exe in C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Roaming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leonil

Leonil

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

G'day guys and gals.

I jsut read this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265002/infected-with-sdra64exe-running-vista/ and read some of the responses from the techs and Im rathe worried now. Im the process of backing up my files (but I have so many) and gonna blow up my C drive and instal Windows 7 since its a good excuse to get it.

But about 80% of my programs are installed to my 1TB drive (I call it my E:) so Im putting my documents and desktop things there so when I format I dont have to download or lose anything important.

What my fear is, will I still be able to access them as if they were still part of my C drive after the format. For example, I get Windows 7, then I try and access my 1TB drive and instead of accessing the game, or the program, it wont and I have to install it, update it and dl the patches again (Yes Im an MMO gamer)

Anyway, I've been trying all these ways to delete this damn virus. I've tried all the solutions and I found out they arent for Vista. Thsi is the only place that seems to know what they are doing. I did the solution where you end the svchost.exe tasks and the registry like the orignal poster did and ended up having my pc reset.... and worse, I have about 13 svchost.exe processes running at the moment.

Id like some help if you guys know what to do. Im in the process of buying Windows seven and MAYBE a new Hard drive so I can keep my current C: as a back up jsut in case.

My other dumb question is, if I install a new hard drive with a new OS, and then connect my infected drive as if it was some kind of external drive to drag files I need over, will it still infect my new OS?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Leo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leonil

Leonil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

I dont wanna sound annoying, but Im kinda stressed atm.... isnt there anyone who has an I idea what to do? my only solution is to get a new HDD and a new OS and hope that if I connect my old hard drive to drag some files over it wont re-infect my new OS.

I would appreciate any kind of help atm. Im not the kind of person that handles this kind of stuff well.

#3 Leonil

Leonil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

*bump* please help

#4 Leonil

Leonil
  • Topic Starter