Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

302 Moved and other nasties

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hijackee

Hijackee

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

Hi!
I caught a virus while downloading a picture of a melting snowman. (seriously).
The issues at hand are that I am unable to access Gmail. I can only browse with AVG (Yahoo won't browse either, it redirects me to a weird browser). Can't get into my Internet Options through my security center.
At first a "virus tracker" showed up.
I Ran Malware Bytes. Came back and Malware Bytes stopped running. I tried to start it again but the tracker said it was infected with a worm same with AVG. Rebooted and ran AVG. This took out two viruses. I then ran Malware Bytes and removed nine more issues. At the moment the evil Virus Tracker is not showing up. I was initially able to get into gmail but I logged out to see if I could reboot Google somehow. Now I have no email access except my old email at Yahoo.
When I try to load gmail from any of the buttons on Mozila Firefox I get this message;

The connection was interrupted
The connection to www.google.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

When I try to browse with Google with FF I get a 302 Moved message, when following that message, it leads my to another. My IE won't open at all. Nor will my internet options.
I have also emptied out my cookies and ran HJT if needed I can come back and post it.
What's a guy to do, can't work or play.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
PS Running Windows XP

Edited by Hijackee, 22 December 2009 - 08:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hijackee

Hijackee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2009 - 03:40 AM

Well the Virus got worse and got my system to were the invasive virus checker would keep coming back and not let me run anything. Since my computer is still semi under warrenty took it to the geeks and got a loaner. Any advice on keeping it from returning would be much abliged.
Thanks.

#3 Hijackee

Hijackee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

Never heard back from you guys how to proceed. Ended up having to pay the geeksquad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users