Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am a newbie. Got some questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bestmed

bestmed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

Hi, I just happened to find out about this forum, after being infected with Malware Defense virus.

I found out that one can use CombatFix. I just used it and I'm not sure whether it worked or not. Also, a log was generated after going through using the ComboFix. But, where do I post the log? What exactly do I have to do? Help, please! Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:58 PM

Hello bestmed,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

Please read through the prep guide here: Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem

ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users