Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows audio driver/codec problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 i'm a pc and unhappy

i'm a pc and unhappy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

this is a bit on the obscure side so any help is greatly appreciated... i just recently reformatted my computer to Windows XP (i had Xp last time) and i notice a difference in audio file 'properties' options. i don't know if it's a driver issue or not. before i reformatted when i right-clicked a wav or mp3 file and clicked properties, the general and summary tab would pop up, i could then edit the song title, year, artist, etc. now the summary tab only displays title and sometimes it doesnt even show the summary tab just the general tab.

any insight? kind of a weird issue but deeply important to my file maintenance system

much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

Did you do a clean install or simply repair the previous installation of Windows XP?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 i'm a pc and unhappy

i'm a pc and unhappy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

i wiped the whole thing and started over.... i've reinstalled all the initial audio drivers but it hasn't done anything. i really can't figure it out

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

Can you update your Audio Drivers to the latest version and see if that fixes things?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users