Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All program shortcuts open photoshop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sleepieyed

Sleepieyed

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

Ever since I installed photoshop cs3 and cs4 all my shortcut icons changed to the photoshop icon and they all open photoshop and not their program.
Also, the executable icons (not the shortcuts) open photoshop.

If further info is needed please ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ratchet48

ratchet48

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

It sounds to me like photoshop has taken over all file association. Which is a little wierd. :huh: You will have to find the file the shorcut ponits to, the original, right click the file and select properties, you will see type of file and opens with. Use the change button to browse to the proper program.

Or go to Control Panel/Default Programs and select Associate a file type .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users