Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Security Essentials

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

I switched to Microsoft Security Essentials all seems well with the exception of it does not up date automatically, I am set to automatic and I am getting the regular updates. Any clue why MSE is not updating like it is suppose to?

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:29 AM

What do you mean when you say it does not automatically update? Are you saying when you manually update MSE it still updates? If that's what you mean then the reason IIRC is that updates are released several times a day but the automatic update only updates once per day.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:40 AM

Two of my computer update automatically, but my main machine needs to be done manually. But as I said the usual automatic updates work just fine, I have found the main machine behind by two days. For now I do it manually each time I boot up.

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 23 December 2009 - 10:46 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users