Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual boot pc with windows 98SE and XP problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 firsttaff

firsttaff

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:21 AM

Hello
i am attempting to build a pc to run older games on , i have a 3.06 pentium 4( http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL6PG) asus motherboard etc , all the hardware works fine , problem is when i try to load windows 98 on to the hard drive , FDISK says i only regognisis 1/2 of the 160 gig hard drive (i hae tried 2 hard drives both are fine ) and won't install .
I have been told that 98 will not work on some processors and i am wondering if someone could help .

i apologise if i have posted in the wrong area of the forums , if so could you please tell me the correct one
thank you in advance
Bryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

THIS may shed some light on you situation.

#3 firsttaff

firsttaff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:58 AM

Hi
thank you for that info , will give it a try
merry christmas

0 user(s) are reading this topic