Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello to you all.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tumshie

Tumshie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:16 AM

Hello to all the forum users on this site. I had never even heard of it a few hours ago but I wish I had found it years ago. I have felt frustrated for a long time at having such a powerful tool as a modern home computer and using it for little more than trying to find a better job, the occasional email and mostly for practicing playing chess.

I have only had a quick look but I think I'll enjoy the site community. The first forum I looked at was (and I'm sure most others did too though they might not all admit it) was the games one and while I wasn't so keen on the look of all the mathematical games I was pleased to se so much word play, as well as wordplay. Even better was the thread on the origin of phrases, even if one of the explanations was a widely accepted but still wrong one.

I am afraid that to start with I will most likely be taking more from the site than I give back; in fact I'll probably take away more tan all I know so far put together. I was attracted to the site by the easy to negotiate layout and a great deal by the readable articles and explanations. Too often writers seem to assume that if they know a piece of jargon then everyone else does too. That annoys me but the article I first read explained the technical terms as it went along, I like that.

Oh, I almost forgot to say who I am! My real name is Terry and I am a 42 year old Scotsman living just north of Glasgow at the southern tip of Loch Lomond. I can see Ben Lomond from the back garden and it is looking particularly good today in the snow. As a psychiatric nurse I am officialy deemed by the government as being Registered Mental.
And despite current evidence I am normally a man of few words,,,,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:07 AM

Hello Terry and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.

Happy Holidays :thumbsup:
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Tumshie

Tumshie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

Thank you. I've been taking advantage of the wisdom here already- since writing that load of havers earlier on I've been following the advice on what to do when windows 7 freezes intermittently.
And there are a couple of more things to do after that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users