Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 West_Ninja

West_Ninja

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:10 PM

Let me re-phrase my question. I'm behind a firewall, which is located on the network server. This firewall is blocking port 6112 which I use play Diablo 2 and Starcraft online. I am looking for a way to forward or redirect the outgoing traffic from port 6112 and send to another port, say port 400, on the computer I'm using. I do not want to send data outside the firewall then have it redirected. Is their an easy way to do this on a computer operating Windows XP Pro?

Edited by West_Ninja, 16 August 2005 - 07:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 The Guardian

The Guardian

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:16 PM

Would'nt have a clue :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#3 West_Ninja

West_Ninja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:38 PM

yeah... I've been getting that answer a lot lately.

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

Why dont you go into the network options and unblock said port?

Or you can also go into network options, and setup a port forward.

Edited by TEB, 16 August 2005 - 09:34 PM.

#5 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:33 AM

What firewall are you using? usally the good ones you can add a port to fully block or fully unblock it, if it get what i mean im not good with this type of thing. But it shouldnt be hard. Port forwing should do the trick anyway.

#6 West_Ninja

West_Ninja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:42 AM

I have no idea what type or brand of firewall it is. I have no access to it or any of its settings. The firewall is on a server of a LAN which am just one user of many. Is there not a program for Windows that can capture packets sent from one program outgoing to one port, and send it thorugh another port? I've found 2 but they only run on Linux based systems.

#7 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:53 PM

Is this a computer computer on a home network? Just ask who ever is in charge of it to do it for you. If all the firewalls ect are on a remote computer you need to change the settings on that one not yours. ( i think )

#8 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:34 AM

try port forward ihad a similiar problem and the people in the networks section said to use this and it worked for me
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users