Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Error - Plz insert disc...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 plaz

plaz

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:49 PM

I keep getting the Windows alert that says "Please insert disc into drive" I get this over and over and everything hangs up unless I click "continue, try again or cancel". Most of the time I have to click a dozen times to make it go away (as it immediately pops right back up again). I get this message during start up, while surfing etc. I can see getting this while using a program without a disc inserted, but I get it all the time. This just recently began doing this and I have no idea what I have done to cause it. I've looked in the startup folder and I don't see anything that might be causing this.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:28 PM

Do you have the Windows disc it's asking for?

#3 plaz

plaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:28 PM

yeah somewhere. but im not sure if thats the disk it's looking for. anyway of telling?

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:31 PM

Well, its most likely asking for your windows disk so it can repair/overwrite corrupted files. But i dont ever remeber any instace where the operating system asked for a disk without any commands given.

Give it a try.

#5 plaz

plaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:16 PM

I also just tried to disable all startup programs to no avail, still getting the insert disc warning.

:thumbsup:

#6 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:59 AM

Are you running XP? Try doing a system resotre to when you wernt having the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users