Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it a good computer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lucullo

Lucullo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:33 AM

Hi all
I am looking for a new computer and found this one on the net. Since i am not really an expert i wanted to ask for your opinion. In particular i'd like to know if HD, processor and grafic are good. The price is 900 USD. Since i live in switzerland it may seem more expensive in the US. In a store it would be in the cheapest 30% of computers. Thank you for any help

ACER ASPIRE X1301 PC-SYSTEM

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 820 (4 x 2,8 GHz)
RAM: 6 GB DDR3-RAM
HD: 1000 GB SATA(150 MB/s)
Grafic: ATI Radeon HD4650 with up to 1279 MB
DVD-Burner (Double-Layer)
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)
Card reader
HDMI-connection
High Definition 7.1 Sound
extremely small case (8,5l).

Connectors on back:
VGA
1x HDMI-Anschluss
1x DVI
1x RJ45 (LAN)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Totty

Totty

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

What are you going to use this machine for?
for standard use e/g emails, web surfing, word processing, maybe the odd video/dvd playback this looks a little bit like overkill to me.

If you are a computer enthusiast who wants to tweak his system then you may want a bit more information about:
The type of motherboard it has.
What brand/model hard drive it has.
brand/model of RAM (frequency etc)
OS: 1. Slackware Linux........................... 2. Windows XP Home Edition
Mobo: Asus P5N-D.................................GFX : Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 512MB
CPU : Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 3.6GHz........... RAM : 2GB DDRII Coirsair Twinx
HDD1: Maxtor 80GB SATA II Hard drive.............HDD2: Western Digital 40GB IDE
Case: Antec Gamer 300 case.......................PSU : Corsair HX620 620W - Modular

#3 Lucullo

Lucullo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:52 AM

Hey Totty

First of all, thanks for your reply. The main thought was to buy a pc that I could keep for 4-5 years, without it getting too slow for newer applications. I mainly use it for videos, photo editing and rarely for gaming. On the website unfortunately I found no detailed information about HD, RAM or so. Nontheless, I really think I am going to buy it :D

Alex

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:29 PM

Seeing that you have made up your mind, try selecting the HD 4670 graphics card in lieu of the HD 4650.
Also, make sure the "extremely small case" has enough ventilation, as you'll need it for the above config.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 23 December 2009 - 07:31 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#5 Zeppelin 707

Zeppelin 707

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:35 AM

Are you building this computer from individual parts? Being that you need to know component specs and compatibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users