Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files on a server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:49 AM

Alright, I need some help here.

I lost (or so I think) a substantial amount of code for a project by placing it on my school's "digital locker" system. pretty much just a place to store files you can access from anywhere. This code was a backup, but from a recent virus strike I lost my original files. I can no longer access my files through my website, as my website is no longer working, since its source files were also stored on the server.

Upon direct access, I could access my account on the server, but instead of the normal "Documents" and "Public" folders, there were folders like NMD and AMR, with some random files with no extensions and no legible names. Is this just some kind of maintenance, or a wipe or what?

I have a screenshot of what it looks like now, http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2479/serverao.png in case you need it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

Not sure this is really a networking issue but is there any particular reason you aren't talking to the people at the school that maintain the server? Do you know what OS the server is?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

I emailed the webmaster, but no reply.

all the computers in the school run XP Pro SP3, but I have heard that the server runs on linux, though im not exactly sure.

thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users