Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

display

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcmikeya

mcmikeya

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:17 PM

ive formatted my computer and my computer has gone to standard settings, 12 colors and the original resolution. ive tried to change my adapter by going into advanced settings but there is a list of about 50 different adapters to choose from and when i try to select 1 and click next it tells me its not designed for the config of my computer and that its recommended not to do this? doi need to install a driver for it to work or have i broke my computer. if i need to download a driver how do i find out which 1 will work with my computer. could i just pick any from the list in advanced settings?. if u need me to tell u more i will be glad 2 if i can find the info becoz i aint good with computers.
thanks
mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:05 AM

How old is your computer?
What operating system do you have?

Go To:
Start>Run>(type) msinfo32>Enter

Click to + by Componets, Click Display, Look on the right side and report back with your Display Adapter.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:48 PM

Download and run Everest Home Edition (freeware) and it will tell you exactly what video cards and / or adapters are installed.

You can then go to the manufacturer's website and get the latest drivers.

Everest Home Edition

Everest Home Edition (the successor of AIDA32) is a system information and benchmarking tool with full hardware & software information available as freeware for the individual user. It comes with a built-in hardware database and physical information for CPU, motherboard, hard disks, optical drives, chipset and much more. The information can be displayed on-screen, printed, or saved as a report in HTML or text format. The built in diagnostics module can help you find potential problems, by higlighting them in the report and also includes links to manufacturers web sites, driver updates and more. An easy to use report wizard allows you to create detailed reports in the format of your choice.

Download here:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.p...ang=en&pageid=3
or here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users