Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Tool Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dto5805

dto5805

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

I have Security Tool on my machine. Everything I've read states that I need to download a file onto my desktop and execute it. However, IE is hijacked...along with just about everything else and I can't download. I tried putting a file on a USB drive and copying it over, but it won't recognize the USB drive.

I really would appreciate some help. I've been down for a couple of days and am at a dead end.

If any additional information is needed please advise.

I'm running Window Vista.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,806 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 dto5805

dto5805
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

Problem solved......very simple with help from Philly Keith;

http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-security-tool

#4 moonfang

moonfang

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

i have this virus on my computer also. my desktop will not come up so i cannot get to the internet. i cannot post any logs. i need any help that you can give me. i am running windows xp on my computer.

#5 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:28 PM

my desktop will not come up

Please describe as best you can, what happens when you start the computer normally and what you see on the screen.

Allow the computer to load as far as it will go ... and try this:
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
Does this bring up the Task Manger window?

Try starting in Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking (start tapping F8 after pressing the ON button, and keep tapping until you arrive at the Windows Advanced Options Menu, and then choose ... )
If you are presented with the option of logging into the Administator account (rather than your own), choose it.
Allow the computer to load as far as it will go ... and try this:
Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
Does this bring up the Task Manger window?

Let us know what happens with those two tests.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users