Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Firewall/Antivirus programs for Windows 98?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nikita

Nikita

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:53 PM

I have Windows 98 still and I've used Zone Alarm Free Edition in the past with few problems but I've had some difficulty in downloading the latest version. I am trying to resolve the problem through Zone Alarm but just out of curiousity, are there any other free firewalls out there for Windows 98 that are just as good?

I still use AVG free edition as my antivirus program. I guess I should ask the same question. What other free antivirus programs are available for Windows 98 that are just as good or maybe better then AVG? I've also had some trouble with AVG recently as far as it getting "glitchy" on me.

Are there any reliable sites on the internet that rate all of these programs honestly and objectively as far as comparing various security programs to each other?

(I do have anti-spyware installed as well)

Thankyou!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:01 AM

My list

See my list here everything listed is free :thumbsup:

#3 Nikita

Nikita
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:22 PM

Wow, thankyou! That is a very helpful list. (I finally got Zone Alarm installed. It had some "certificate" problems so I had to go on their message board to get the solution)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users