Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help! security tool popups/virus!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 atara123

atara123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hi! I keep getting SecurityTool popups...saying that my computer is infected....but I think that the security tool is the virus itself!! help help help!! I know nothing about these things!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

Follow these instructions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...t-security-2010
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

#4 atara123

atara123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:53 AM

ok. got rid of security tools and malware...now my search engines (google, yahoo...) are constantly redirecting me to weird sites, and my computer doesnt seem teh same as before...how do i restore it? my system restore didnt work--tells me that it cant restore.

#5 atara123

atara123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

I did a scan on my computer with advanced system care free, and they gave me some kind of report called a security analyzer....what do I do with this? Can anyone help me?

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hello atara123 and :thumbsup: to BleepingComputer!

GMER
-------
Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.

Posted Image
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users