Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to install java

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BabyGirl1985

BabyGirl1985

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

ok i already had this problem once with adobe reader. i tried to install java on my computer and im getting the same 1606 error unable to access network location appdata i just cant seem to figure out why i cant download certain programs without getting this error. When i got it with adobe reader someone told me to forget about adobe and download forit and that worked just fone is there a way to do something different with java???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

With the Adobe Reader problem that you had before, I recommended the offline download. I would recommend the offline download of Java (there is no replacement)in this case as well. That's what Java's website also recommends.

Try the offline installation:

http://dl8-cdn-02.sun.com/s/ESD6/JSCDL/jdk...dows-i586-s.exe

Make sure you run it as an Administrator.

Good luck!
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:34 PM

Q: I encountered the error "Error 1606: Could not access network location file MSI/CAB and still fail after immediate retry." when running the Java SE installer.What does it mean?

A: This problem occurs when the server is too busy or when the network is too congested to serve the file. Please retry by running the installer again.

Also try the above with the anti-virus programs and firewalls disabled.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 BabyGirl1985

BabyGirl1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

thank you but none of those worked onnline or offline tried them both several times. thats why i ended up with foxit witch worked fine but now im haveing trouble with java. ive talked to a few computer tech who say it may be a networking problem but i dont have any idea how to fix it and they want like $200 just to try and help me. im bout ready to scream i need to get this working to do my classes ready to scream

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

The network is to blame then.
See if you are experiencing any network related issues.

#6 BabyGirl1985

BabyGirl1985
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

thank you but i have no idea what i would do to figure that out :huh:

#7 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

Could you give exact specifications on how the error happens? (from start to finish)

After you click the link, what do you do? What does your computer do? etc...

Can you download other things? Pictures? Videos? If it's a network related issue, then most things won't download. Are you using Wi-Fi, Ethernet cable? DSL, cable modem, satellite internet? Or (Heaven forbid) dial-up??!!

Can you connect to the internet from a different place? (a friend or neighbor's house) Will downloads work then?

I'm just trying to get you to try things to troubleshoot your problems.

What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari) If you're using Internet Explorer, try Firefox (assuming you can download it). What operating system do you have? (hit "Windows Logo Key + R" on the keyboard, type "winver" without the quotes, and hit Enter)

Also (when you get connected to a good internet connection), make sure all your stuff is updated (Windows patches, anti-virus updates, drivers, software like adobe and java, etc...). It will save you some trouble later.

I'm still wondering why that offline installer won't work. They call it an offline installer because after you download it (while you're online), you can take the file and install it while you're offline (or on other computer that don't have internet access).

Okay, I'll give you explicit directions on how to install the offline version of java:

Connect to the internet.
Click this link.
Depending on your browser, it will ask to "Save", "Run", etc....chose Save. Save on the Desktop for easy finding later. (just go up in the directories until you can't go any further)
After the file downloads, go to the desktop and double click it.
If you get a prompt asking if you want to run this file, choose Yes.
You should soon see the installation window.
Click Next, Next, I Agree, etc...until it tells you that it is installing (stuff will be happening and the only button will be the cancel button. DON'T hit the cancel button!)
Depending on your PC's speed, in a couple of minutes, it should be done.
Click Finish.

If something went wrong following those directions, state specifically what it was (don't just say you got an error). Tell specifically what you clicked, and what happened after (window popped up, flashing lights, dancing girls, what?).

I hope that helps. We will get to the bottom of this!!

If it's a physical network problem, then we can't help you. Call your ISP (internet service provider) and complain to them. It is their job to fix it. If you call a third party repair service, they will charge you.

When the error says "Appdata", that is a folder on your computer. When it says "network location appdata", it sounds like it is trying to locate a folder called appdata that is not on your computer (which it shouldn't be doing).

Let me know what happened when you followed the directions in bold.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#8 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

thank you but i have no idea what i would do to figure that out :huh:

As mentioned above, I suggest you try visiting different sites through different browsers and see if you can download files.
If you are having issues, ones that mention that there is something wrong with the network/internet connection, your best bet would be to call your Internet Service Provider(ISP) and ask for assistance.

Do keep us posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users