Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-virus live infection HELP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thefonze24

thefonze24

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

I am not very computer literate... I also panicked and jumped into things here is a description of events.

1. I have an HP Windows XP

2. About 2 hours ago my computer started acting funny and the suspicious "Anti-Virus Live" screen appeared. Some symptoms:
a. couldnt open internet explorer, anti-virus programs, among others
b. was recieving prompts about the computer being infected

3. Researched Anti-Virus live on roomates computer and based on quick findings I:
a. restarted computer, immediately opened task manager before the AVL could strike and shut down the process [randomvariables]sysguard.exe, which did work.
b. under internet tools I turned off my proxy server for LAN, which also allowed me to use internet for the time being
c. downloaded and ran Combofix (later I read I shouldnt have without supervised guidance) however while it was going through the 50 steps my computer rebooted,
and when it started back up the virus was still present.

Please help me... Im lost. If possible emails to TTF1@geneseo.edu will help thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:17 PM

Download the Following SaS

Install and scan , let me know how it goes
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic