Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

software update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 msrrahul

msrrahul

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

how to update mobile phone software...i'm using nokia 6300...and also tell me..that..when i connect my phone to pc..n if some updates are available..then these updates will be installed in pc suite in pc....or these updates will remain installed in phone also...after disconnecting phone from pc...thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

There are three kinds of updates:

1. Update for Nokia's PC Suite (For PC)
2. Update for Nokia's Software Updater application (For PC)
3. Update for your phone's software (For Phone)

Your phone's software is updated using the Nokia Software Updater (available through Nokia's PC Suite):

Step 1: Visit Nokia's software update site and see if there is a update for your phone's software.

Step 2 : Run Nokia's Software Updater through PC Suite.

Step 3: Make sure you backup your phone's content before you start with the update.

Step 4: Wait for Nokia Software Updater to download the update(downloaded to your pc).

Step 5: As soon as the "update" download is over, the updater starts updating your phone with the latest software.
(WARNING: Follow the instructions carefully and make sure nothing goes wrong at this stage)

Step 6: Once the phone's software has been updated(yes, it completely upgrades the phone's existing software), it should restart and you should be able to disconnect the phone and start using it.

It's quite simple if you follow the steps carefully.

Good luck!

Edited by ReviverSoft, 21 December 2009 - 07:36 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users