Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some sites won't let me in now

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Waysted

Waysted

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

Hi all,
Usually I can figure out my own problems but I came across one that has me stumped, I am trying to fix a friends computer that suddenly won't let her get on a pic site she uses or 360 sharepro and her college board. She had no problem earlier this year on any of these and can still access them from other computers,
I have tried everything from turning off all security measures, and taking down the firewalls. ALl the updates are current and she has current antivirus as well. My next step is a reformat but I hate to do that and find out when I reload her programs it does it again. Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

Inability to access specific websites...IME, usually indicates corrupt cookies, site problems, or (in the case of secure sites) a problem with IE (cipher strength setting or SSL settings).

First thing I would do is delete existing cookies, then visit the named sites for generation of new cookies.

Error messages when attempting access?

Louis

#3 Waysted

Waysted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:30 AM

ok Did all that deleted all cookies and temp files and even went as far as to delete history and mark the sites as safe,
On the college site it just says the SSL license is no good but it is good until 2011 and again I told it to trust the site but it still will not allow her in on this laptop as far as the piknic site it just keeps trying to upload an app but it does not seem to work. eill try and delete again and see what happens.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users