Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista laptop crashing when connected to tv set

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Surma

Surma

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:38 AM

Okay, when i connect my laptop to my lcd tv, dunno what the cable is called, but its one of those with pins, not the round s-video. It works nice for about 10 mins after which i get blue screen which i dont have time to read before it reboots. Sometimes before the blue screen i get a popup informing that the graphic drivers has seized up. The problem started after the first time, when it worked fine. What happened the second time was that i connected the cable before the comp had booted, it acted weird and i rebooted before widows had started. The guide that came up the first time, giving me options like using the tv monitor instead of the ordinary did not start the second time, so the only option i have is to extend the screen to the other monitor. I play films and then crash.
What do i do?
---My computer---
Manufacturer:HP Pavilion 061 CPU:Intel Pentium 4 640, 3200 MHz (16 x 200) RAM: 1024MB Motherboard:Asus PTGD1-LA Chipset:Intel Grantsdale i915P HDD:Main256GB Ext512GB Video:Radeon X600 Series Internet:DSL 2mb/s OS:Windows XP Home Edition SP3 Firefox+IExplorer AVG Internet Security

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:56 PM

hello

have you looked in device manager for any signs of trouble ? (sounds like drivers need updated)

good luck
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

Do mention the laptop model.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 Surma

Surma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:35 AM

well, i know its a Toshiba. Where do i find out the model?
I have checked the drivers and that stuff, it was updated.
---My computer---
Manufacturer:HP Pavilion 061 CPU:Intel Pentium 4 640, 3200 MHz (16 x 200) RAM: 1024MB Motherboard:Asus PTGD1-LA Chipset:Intel Grantsdale i915P HDD:Main256GB Ext512GB Video:Radeon X600 Series Internet:DSL 2mb/s OS:Windows XP Home Edition SP3 Firefox+IExplorer AVG Internet Security

#5 GamerX

GamerX

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

well, i know its a Toshiba. Where do i find out the model?
I have checked the drivers and that stuff, it was updated.

You can find out the model of the laptop by hitting

Start > Control Panel > Classic View(LEFT hand corner) > SYSTEM (Not System Security)

Hope that helps!!

Fate: protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise. -Commander Riker ST:NG , “Contagion”

My forum Tech-linkforum
My blog Tech-linkblog

#6 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

You will also find a sticker on the bottom (underside), with the model number and other details.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 23 December 2009 - 01:12 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users