Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Protector hijacking a work computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dokukaeru

dokukaeru

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:43 AM

Using a a work computer with windows xp sp 3. Navigated to a site/link that apparently downloaded Personal Protector that has hijacked virus scanning task manager and desktop to name a few things.

ABE:
List of items in the Presonal Protector Folder in program file:

folder called q
base.wdb
baseadd.wdb
conf.wcf
personalprotector.exe
quarant.wdb
queue.wdb
un.exe

cannot delete because they are in use/ cannot shut down because of task mannager hijack

Can I get some help with this please?

ABE 12/22:
Attempted to run rkill as told to when i had a similar infection on a home pc a couple of months ago:
Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.

Each attempt to run was blocked by personal protector giving you the ".... is infected with worm Lsas.Blaster.Keyloger. This worm is trying to send your credit cart details using...." spelling errors included.

Still unable to get task manager or anything else that may be useful to combat this.
Thanks,
Joe

Edited by dokukaeru, 22 December 2009 - 08:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dokukaeru

dokukaeru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:56 AM

Boss's pc guy is coming monday, but i would really like to get this fixedbefore he comes in.
Is there any way I can to task manager besides CTR+ALT+DEL or from control panel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users