Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:27 PM
Hello all, I'm back one more time here.
This time is I'm been facing touchpad issues with my laptop Gateway MX 6420.
1. For the last hours, my mousepad or touchpad have been responding erractically. It feels the cursor is stuck or hard to move, becomes unresponsive and when it does it moves around crazy like moving fast, hightlightning letters, turning on left-click without clicking. When I have this problem, also right and left buttoms for touchpad does not work. Also, when I have this problem I noticed the Synaptecs tray icon shows a big green dot around the icon with yellow color on right-click buttom in the bottom.
However, there are few moments mousepad works just fine.
2. I have no other pointing device installed nor any other laptop mouse. It is just the touchpad.
Steps I have done
1. I have uninstall and reinstall drivers.
2. Contacted Gateway support which was not help at all and recommended me to upgrade service for $59.99 30 min over the phone help.
3. System restore point by suggestion of Gateway support.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the latest Synaptecs software.
5. Changing settings for mouse in control panel.
What could be the cause of the problem??? How will I know if I have to replace touchpad hardware device???
So far I have learned how to use laptop with only keyboard!!!! but not productive for me.
Thank you in advance