Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no audio output device installed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nellewest

nellewest

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

i have a compaq presario f700 that operates with vista. over the last month, the sound has been hit or miss, sometimes working, sometimes not. for the last week, it has become a constant not!!!! the icon in the lower right hand corner has a red x and tells me i have no audio output device installed. i have gone to the control panel and checked under hardware and sound and the playback tab confirms there is no device installed. where did the device go? (i am prepared to apologize to the sound device if it will come back and promise not to upset it further) how do i reinstall or do i need a new sound card?

Edited by nellewest, 20 December 2009 - 05:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

The driver has become corrupt. Not all that uncommon
This is the one you need:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...093&lang=en
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 nellewest

nellewest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

thanks for the reply, i tried that installation before i posted, it gave me a dialog box stating "driver installation failed. could not find device for this driver." AAAAUUUUGGGHHH!!! now i have lost the wireless assistant from the system tray, too!! will it come back if i restore to yesterday's checkpoint?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

will it come back if i restore to yesterday's checkpoint?

It will not hurt anything to try it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 nellewest

nellewest
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

thanks, wireless assistant is back. still tyring to figure out the sound device.

#6 mak777

mak777

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

thanks, wireless assistant is back. still tyring to figure out the sound device.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am here because somedays ago I had faced the similar "No audio output device" problem. I don't know if your problem is solved or not but if it is not then I would like to suggest the site where I had found a solution for my problem : http://www.noaudiooutput.com . They have many suggestions depending on different causes, see if there is any suggestion you didn't tried yet. I will be happy if this will help you or any other person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users