Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing a PSU Should I do it ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

i gave in my computer yesterday and the repairers said that my PSU was not working and they need to order a PSU. Should i let them install the PSU or should i buy one myself to save money?

I don't have much experience with computer building

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

Well...it's pretty easy to install a PSU (loosen 4/5 screws with a Philips, disconnect the wiring from drives and motherboard...remove...then reverse everything and connect the new one) and you will probably spend less and get a better PSU for your system if you purchase it yourself and put it in.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sou...mp;oq=&aqi=

If you let the forum members know what your system manufacturer and model...that would be a start to getting what I consider good info.

Louis

#3 Ramesses

Ramesses

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

I agree completely with hamluis. The PSU is such an easy thing to replace for any user. I STRONGLY recommend that being an average user, you probably want to post here your system specs so that others can advise you as to the power of PSU that you will need. This way you avoid purchasing a PSU that can not adequately power your system.
Ramesses
Marine,
Born of Ra,
god either way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users