Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pasting a file containing home-made characters into Windows\FONTS

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chuckolad

chuckolad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

Problems I have encountered so far:

My library (file) of home-made characters and logos etc. (which were created using the Private Character Editor on a Windows XP computer over a period of about 5 years) has been stalled in a flash drive in files named EUDC.TTE and EUDC.EUF (Those two files are designed to exist in tandem, it seems). And I have previously pasted these 2 files, successfully, into other computers.

(Previously, all I had to do is answer “yes”, when asked whether I wanted to replace the 2 existing files on the recipient computer, and then I would be done.)

However, a couple of days ago, I failed to do the same thing again on another Windows-XP computer (which is using perhaps a newer version of that operation system with upgraded security measures, many a thank-you to Microsoft!) because this time I was requested to delete firstly a stubbornly-hidden file (EUDC.TTE) in WINDOWS\FONTS before my own files would be pasted in.

Furthermore, a search for this said file would yield no result! (NB: One could search for the hidden file (EUDC.TTE) in computers using older versions of Windows-XP and then copy it into a backup file for safe custody or for the purpose of introducing it back, together with the accompanying EUDC.EUF, into the computer should the operation system somehow need installing anew; or, for the matter of that, into another computer. Now, newer versions of Windows-XP would no longer allow those formerly legistimate operations, it appears.)

Subsequently, I used a software (UNLOCKER) suggested by a “Yahoo Answers” member to expose for me this file “EUDC (TrueType)” . But this name is only a deceptive disguise, it seems; since clicking for its “properties” would reveal that it has another filename (i.e. EUDC___0).

I do not know what the 3 blanks “___“ stand for. It has appeared that EUDC___0 is the only designated filename which would be allowed to store home-made characters and logos etc (be they created on the recipient computer, or other computers, using the Private Character Editor a built-in software in Windows-XP). Hence, I must know what this particular "---" really is, before I could rename my EUDC.TTE to be EUDC___0 and then use it to replace the existing EUDC___0 (which existing file I would firstly delete as I am told to, of course.)

Another software Resource Hacker has been recommended to me by a “Yahoo Answers” member. But I have used it to no avail.

Edited by chuckolad, 21 December 2009 - 01:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users