Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gaming performance software?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai_Mo

Samurai_Mo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

So yea is there any software that will increase the performance of my pc to game?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

So yea is there any software that will increase the performance of my pc to game?

Very doubtful! IMO a fast CPU and and good quality ram is the only way to be competitive!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:33 PM

:flowers:

This one has a "Game Booster" in it's Utilities and is Free. Costs you nothing to try? I have used it on XP Home with no Problems.

http://www.iobit.com/security360.html?Str=download

:thumbsup:

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

This one has a "Game Booster" in it's Utilities and is Free. Costs you nothing to try? I have used it on XP Home with no Problems.

Honest I would be very leery of anything to do with Iobit, they have lost much of the programing from their offering after it was found out they stole it. They say there products have lost as much as 60% of their usability!

Some reading here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268858/malwarebytes-accuses-iobits-of-stealing-their-programs-malware-definitions/
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=Iobits
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=201304

This was a very real and proven issue they were out & out thieves!

Edited by OldPhil, 21 December 2009 - 10:25 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

there are all kinds of "boosters" out there, both freebies and ones you have to pay for. in my mind, they are a scam. most do nothing, and even the ones that do only give you a marginal speed boost, by ending non-essential processes in the background, and even there its a very minute performance gain, one you can gain for free by simply not running background stuff when your gaming (shut off your Instant messengers, web feeds) in fact if you go into the control panel and turn off the pretty interface and adjust it for "performance" and not "pretty" will make your computer run faster then any of the booster programs out there.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:16 AM

there are all kinds of "boosters" out there, both freebies and ones you have to pay for. in my mind, they are a scam. most do nothing, and even the ones that do only give you a marginal speed boost, by ending non-essential processes in the background, and even there its a very minute performance gain, one you can gain for free by simply not running background stuff when your gaming (shut off your Instant messengers, web feeds) in fact if you go into the control panel and turn off the pretty interface and adjust it for "performance" and not "pretty" will make your computer run faster then any of the booster programs out there.

I completely agree with you there, Mate, but there are other things to also consider as well.

It is that time of Year where we all should try to give a little to those less fortunate than us. I try to do my little bit by repairing and getting Computers right for those that either can't afford to maintain their Machines, or for "Special Kids" that really need the interface with the World, via the Net and Games.

I try as hard as I can, but I can not always drop by on a weekly basis to tune up their Machines to keep them at optimin performance, mostly they are not what we would call "Extreme Machines", so I test little programs like the one I indicated to try to give them some sort of a Back Up. The Game Booster is just a Utility of the program and actually does what you suggested to do, but does not need anymore input except to click a button on, then off when finished. It also runs in the Background and quitely checks everything out, then gives the Option, with a click to correct what it finds. I am not aware of any allegations of Theft involved with it but can show that it was released just recently, from the Link I gave, BTW.

Current Version: v1.30 New!
What's new: Used a whole new database; Improved Improved scan engine and database; Removed IObit Toolbar; Fixed general bugs
File Size: 7.8 MB
Operating System: Designed for Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000 (32bit and 64bit)
Release Date: Nov 15, 2009
Designed to: Keep your PC 100% safe and secure from various Trojan and malware.
Languages: English and other languages

I have tested it and ! am very happy to install it on all Machines that I feel that the Owner would receive benefit from. Naturally, it would not be on "Extreme Machines", I rarely need to work on one of them, Mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users