Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Gives No Signal, Blank Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gamaru

gamaru

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:47 AM

So this past week I've had a bit of trouble with my computer. I had a hard drive fail on me to start and then this video problem started happening soon after I put in a new hard drive and installed Windows onto that. I have a Geforce8500GT and my motherboard is an AsusP5Ne-SLI running Windows XP Home.

This past week there have been random times where if I turn on the computer, I get nothing on my screen but I see that its still working, boots up and everything PLUS I hear Windows booting up in the background with the music going so I know that Windows is functional. There have been times that I have just been forced to do a hard reset and it seems to have solved the problem on its own and everythings back to normal. Tonight my luck doesn't seem to be as good as I've done a handful of hard resets and don't really want to do anymore risking other issues with my computer.I've tested the monitor on my netbook and it works fine. I've tried using the DVI port and no luck, I have NOT had the opportunity to try the video card in a new computer(plan to do that in the morning on a roommates computer). So, my question is, is my suspicion that the video card is going bad the real problem here or could it be an issue with my motherboard or Windows since I did have to reinstall Windows and put in a new hard drive.

Thanks in advance

Edited by gamaru, 20 December 2009 - 04:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:25 AM

Yer , Video card looks to be the issue , 1 suggestion remove the video card and firmly push it back in

Boot up and see if that solves the issue
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users