Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to play a movie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 msrrahul

msrrahul

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:53 AM

i downloaded a movie from a torrent..after completion its size is 680mb and its properties tells that its .avi type file..but when i play it... a msg occurs in the video in player window(in this case , player i used is vlc player) itself for about 1 minute instead of movie video saying that...this file requires moviexplayer to be played, plz download moviexplayer from ddl.moviexplayer.com..i tried all media players(window media player classic,vlc player,jet audio,real player,window media player,power dvd)...but this file didnt run...plz tell me solution for this...if any

EDIT: Move topic

Edited by msrrahul, 20 December 2009 - 02:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MATTSPCHELP

MATTSPCHELP

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:29 AM

If the movie is a legitimate download VLC or The KMplayer will play your movie
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

Just what I would want to do
Download a more-than-likely infected movie and then use some no-name player
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12542_102-0.html?threadID=325080
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users