Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jump list for Browsers not showing browser history

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 windows.user

windows.user

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:03 AM

I do not why but the jump list for my browsers are no longer showing the browser history.

The other programs like open office writer and dreamweaver do show their last files opened in the program if I open the file within that program.

The checkboxes are selected for store and display recently opened programs and the second one for displaying the items are both checked.

When I first installed Win 7 the browser history did show for my browsers but now they don't. I do not know what settings or anything I changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

Well, in my Jump Lists for all programs that support it, it only shows files that I have opened in that program.

For example, Notepad shows the latest .txt files that I opened. I also have one pinned there.

Word also shows my latest documents that I opened.

Mozilla Firefox shows FILES that I have opened in it. Not websites that I have been to.

Internet Explorer, on the other hand, shows frequent websites (sort of like browsing history, but not quite).

That's all I know. I don't use Jump Lists often.

What browsers are you using?
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 windows.user

windows.user
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:00 PM

The jump list for IE and FF used to have browser history showing now it does not.

I see what you report but in the startmenu AND on the task bar the jump list in my Win 7 Ultimate when I first upgraded showed the browser history for IE and FF to the pinned icons of these applications I pinned to the start menu and it also had a browser history showing in the jump list of the task bar icons when I right clicked and the list opened up. I thought this was annoying and wanted to remove that, but now I want it back because I actually found it useful.

I did find that if I manually dragged and dropped URLS onto either IE or FF pinned icon that it auto pins the URL in that items jump list but I liked the way it was before with the browser history.
Any time I went to a site that URL would show up in the jump list, now it doesn't. Not sure why or how that changed.

I searched google and these and various other forums but I don't see any answer to this issue. Am I only one that ever noticed that feature?

Thanks.

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

Yeah, I understand what you want, but I don't know how to get it back to the way it was.

Sorry. :thumbsup:

Enjoy Windows 7!! :flowers:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users