Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comp doesn't load past bootup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stotic

Stotic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:42 AM

Ok I have a computer that was turned on when I got home (I left it shut down) and it was frozen in bootup. I shut it down and 5 seconds later, it started up by itself. I kept doing this and the computer kept starting itself up. It never loaded past the initial boot screen and sometimes it got to the Windows loading screen, but never past any of those. This is such an awkward problem and I havn't downloaded any recent updates or drivers. Please help, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:32 AM

So you cant get into safe mode? do you have a boot disk?

#3 Stotic

Stotic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

The computer no longer turns on when I try to power it up.

#4 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:38 PM

Have you ever opened up the box? if it doesnt turn on at all it doesnt sound like a virus.The computer would have to boot to load the virus so it its not turning on at all it must be something to do with hardwear.

Open it up and check the power supply (Dont open the power supply its self, unless you want to try kill your self, remember anti static protection ect. ), and the power plug on the MB in case its come loose. thats the only thing i can think of maby someone eles will be able to help more.

Edited by cooldudenz, 16 August 2005 - 06:41 PM.

#5 bartok

bartok

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:31 PM

Sounds like you may have fried the power supply. They do go bad, I've had a couple go out on me. Try replacing that, after you check to make sure all the connections and cables are valid. Good luck. :thumbsup:

#6 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

yea ive had 3 power supplys just die on me, for no good reson. just usally they dont go weird and cut out ect like his must of since it kept restarting, i had that prob and it was a loose pin in the power plug to the MB so check the pins and that its pluged in right first, then try a new power supply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users