Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Threat Notification Each Time An Application Is Launched or Closed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 the123guy

the123guy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

Remove unnecessary quote and split to its own topic. ~ OB

NOD32 keeps flagging a file called f5dd001c19.exe (which i googled and couldn't find anything about) every time i start up an application. I'm pretty sure it's responsible for my VLC media player crashing whenever i try to launch it.

It's a Win32/Riern.B Trojan apparently (which is how i found this thread), also found in the \Macromedia\Common\ folder.

This is my most recent report:

Time - 20/12/2009 00:09:18File - C:\Documents and Settings\---\Application Data\Macromedia\Common\f5dd001c19.exeThreat - a variant of Win32/Riern.B trojanAction - cleaned by deleting - quarantinedInformation - Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.

I did a full scan yesterday but nothing was found. I'll try another scan right now in safe mode to see if that brings anything up.

Also running Windows XP.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 19 December 2009 - 08:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OoHb

OoHb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:30 PM

I've got the same problem.
Google search on the riern.b trojan give little to no assistance other than to say this trojan is "high risk"
ESET keeps it in check but does not remove the trojan.
Tried CounterSpy by Sunbelt and it found no problems even though it claimed to remove the reirn.b trojan
Any assistance with this is much appreciated.
I'm also running XP
Thanks in advance.
OoHb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users