Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 6 will not load.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Doll Face

Doll Face

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:25 AM

Hi everyone. I am hoping that maybe you can help me where my Self Support people did not. I have the distinct feeling of being "passed off". :thumbsup:
My problem is that my IE has somehow disappeared into LaLa land. If I click on the icon it's like clicking on dead space. NOTHING happens. My browser is obviously connecting but I cannot click on any links. Page not found errors. How I managed to get in here is beyond me. I can search all day long but as soon as I click a link, 5 minutes of watching it think about it only to tell me the dreadful news that the page cannot be found. I have started with the basics not knowing that IE6 was lost. I ran through several troubleshoot trees, nothing. I did a System Restore to the prior check point, nothing. I finally got frustrated and for the first time went to a live chat with a support tech (talk about dry personalities! :flowers: ) Anyway, I was told to reinstall IE6 from my ISP CD. Tried doing that and was given the message 'newer version of Internet explorer already installed' and then said that the installation could not be completed. I performed a ping for my IP address and made a copy for reference. Recalling from memory of past times that I have seen my IP address, it seems to me that it is now different. This is where I have the tendency to get lost, I am a Blond :trumpet: when it comes to actually understanding all the stuff involved with Networking and Proxy..... :inlove: I do however feel that this has something to do with my pain in the butt problem. I tried to get help from the Support person but got absolutely no further than my own intelligence got me and was told to call the support line tomorrow. Total Pass Off.... :cool: Now I am finding new avenues and am hoping that someone will be able to give me a direction or avenue I have not ventured down yet. I am lost without my Internet!!! My life is linked between home and work and I do most everything from it. I know I must sound like an idiot with my lack of proper terms but I am a rather intelligent person who lacks "PROPER" training and taught myself most everything when it comes to a computer. I am still in the "learn from our mistakes" portion my training however.... :) . Thanks again.
Doll
[/FONT][/COLOR]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

See if this is of any help:
How to Repair Internet Explorer 6
If not, post back.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users